£33,000 FTE (pro rata), 2 days per week
Do you have experience in sales for large events, such as festivals or conferences, and training programmes?
This part-time role will support Stir to Acton’s event sales, focusing on our annual festival – Playground for the New Economy – and our online learning platform, the New Economy Programme. Beyond our current offer, we’re planning to expand our events this year in London and Manchester, and build new partnerships with community development programmes.
You will be selling directly to individuals and organisations in our sector, building training partnerships with place-based programmes in the UK, and raising event sponsorship from funders.
- Experience in selling for large events, such as conferences or festivals
- Experience in selling training to the third sector and social businesses
- Good at building partnerships with support programmes
- Self-motivated / motivated by meeting sales targets
About the role
- £33,000 pro rata
- Can be worked remotely
- Two days per week (one fixed day, one flexible day)
- Direct sales to participants through phone, email or any other relevant media
- Proactive account management of new and existing organisational and individual clients
- Working closely with Comms & Marketing Director, and relevant Programme Manager
- Opportunity to get involved with public facing events, such as the festival and workshop facilitation
- Drafting and editing marketing content
- Plan and implement internal and external marketing strategies and projects
- Preparing presentations and reports
- Organising project-related events
- Planning and creating social media content
- Assisting the Communications Director with the management of the organisation’s external image
- Tracking projects and media exposure
- Updating media contact lists
- Attending weekly team planning meetings
- Working collectively with colleagues to plan and achieve agreed objectives
- Self-managing own workload on a day to day basis
Skills & Experience (required)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great interpersonal skills, and a natural networker
- Authentic drive to get people onto our programmes and to our events
- Up to date knowledge and experience with various social media platforms, mainly Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
- Experience of digital sales tools I.e. CRMs, marketing automation systems.
- Ability to co-operate and work openly and collectively with colleagues
- A strong commitment to our organisation’s vision and values
- Excellent self-management skills and ability to actively seek out opportunities to grow and develop
How to apply
- Send your CV and expression of interest detailing how your experience can help us to grow our reach and sales to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're accepting applications on an ongoing basis.