Think a different kind of economy is possible? Believe in unleashing the co-operative movement? Want to learn new skills and meet like-minded people?
Stir to Action and the Co-operative Party share a belief that a different economy is possible, and are working to make it a reality. Last year the Co-operative Party commissioned the New Economics Foundation (NEF) to write Co-operatives Unleashed, an independent report that sets out a routemap to ‘double the size of the co-operative economy in the UK.’
Now, the Co-operative Party are offering 10 fully-funded places on Stir to Action’s New Economy Programme, which includes workshops in London, Bristol, and Oxford to provide more people with the chance to put their values into action.
What’s on the programme?
- Crowdfunding: Planning, Creating, and Running a Campaign, Bristol, 15 June or London, 17 July
- What If We Ran It Ourselves? Community Ownership, Bristol, 13 July
- Worker Co-ops: How to Get Started, Oxford, 25 May
- Media Training: Becoming a Spokesperson, London, 20 March
- Multistakeholder Co-ops: Sharing Ownership, Bristol, 18 May
- Tech For Good: Design An App, Oxford, 23 Feb
See the rest of the New Economy Programme here.
Who are the Co-operative Party?
As the political party of the co-operative movement, the Co-op Party works to ensure a political voice for co-operatives, and to make the case for co-operative ideas in our economy and wider society. To find out more about the work of the Party, or to join for as little as £1 a year, click here.
NEF's Co-operatives Unleashed Report
You can read the report here.