Will will guide you through his invaluable insights to setting up a thriving half acre market garden on what was deemed to be difficult land to grow on, be a key supplier to the nearby Pennine Cropshare veg bag scheme, and earn a decent income for his efforts.
Please wear suitable footwear and clothing for a farm visit on uneven ground.
*Note, spaces are limited for this event so you must book a place. We ask you to read the additional information about it below to ensure it’s the right one for you.
What to Expect
• To see how to set up a market garden from scratch, not far from Oldham, in West Yorkshire
• How to grow 25-30 crops
• How to be a veg grower as a full time job
• How to grow on a half acre farm without machinery
What You'll Leave With
• A better understanding of the challenges, realities, and benefits of being a full-time market gardener
• An understanding of how to grow a variety of crops to suit the needs of growers, consumers, and the land.
• Ways to work towards a more closed farming system
Long Causeway Farm, Sagar Lane Off Bluebell Lane, Todmorden OL14 8SE
You might also like...
If you’ve registered for this event, our Business Planning for Food Ventures workshop in November may also interest you. See our list of events for further details. Also see our Food Security Challenge Prize to apply for a grant to help you to establish your own market garden or scale up from community to commercial growing .