What will it cover?
- Effective listening that sparks dialogue and explores motivations
- Analysis of power in community and how to build it
- An exploration of how to organise and motivate people to take effective action together to address common concerns
What will I leave with?
- An understanding of the importance of listening when building relationships
- An exploration of power and the power dynamics that exist in communities
- Ideas for how to motivate people to take action
- A plan for your next steps and actions in community organising
Who is it for?
If you would you like to learn how to build power for change in communities, groups, and organisations. Are considering becoming more active in your community and don't know where to start or who with. Are you a seasoned engagement worker wanting to expand your toolkit and grow your network. Are interested in fine tuning your listening skills. Are part of a group or organisation needing to grow its base to achieve more, or looking to develop a career in the third sector and want to get some skills and practice.