Is your approach to design work, despite aspirations for social change, simply reinforcing the status quo? During this workshop we will introduce the idea that designers needs to engage in projects at an early and strategic level - what we call Stage Zero Design - if they are to really challenge rather than serve existing power relationships.
Join us for this workshop to transform design practice, whilst remaining aligned to our values and ethics, exploring the creative tensions between activism and professionalism.
What it will cover?
- An interactive discussion on design philosophy and social change
- An explanation of Stage Zero Design approach
- Stage Zero Design case studies
- Participative and reflective workshop
What will I leave with?
- A provocation to your current mode of design practice
- New strategies for engagement
- New tools for Stage Zero Design
- The initial steps to apply Stage Zero Design your own project
Who is it for?
This workshop is for both ‘designers’ looking to increase the impact of their work, and for ‘non-designers’ who would like to apply design thinking to their projects or businesses.
Transition by Design is a cross-disciplinary design co-operative operating at the junction of architecture, strategic design, and social change practice. Our work focuses on the transition to an equitable and convivial low-carbon society.