Competition: win a copy of Neither Vertical nor Horizontal: A Theory of Political Organization by Rodrigo Nunes.
We've teamed up with publisher Verso to offer readers the chance to win one of four copies of Neither Vertical nor Horizontal: A Theory of Political Organization by Rodrigo Nunes.
How do we organise in a world after both Occupy and the Sanders campaign?
For something so often described as essential, political organisation remains a surprisingly under-theorised field.
Nunes redefines the terms of organisational theory, and argues that organisation must be understood as always supposing a diverse ecology of different initiatives and organisational forms. Drawing from a wide array of sources and traditions Nunes develops a grammar that eschews easy oppositions between ‘verticalism’ and ‘horizontalism’, and offers a fresh approach to enduring issues like spontaneity, leadership, democracy, strategy, populism, revolution, and the relationship between movements and parties.
Four lucky readers will win a copy of the book.
The competition is free to enter and closes 31st August 2021. Terms and conditions apply. Four winners will be selected at random and notified by email.
Terms and Conditions:
- This draw is open only for UK residents currently in the UK. Entrants must provide a valid GB address for the prize to be dispatched to.
- Multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
- The draw closes on 31st August 2021. The winners will be notified by email. Please ensure that the details you use to enter the competition will be correct at the time the competition ends.
- A random draw of all valid entries will take place within seven working days after the closing date above to select the winners. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
- If a selected winner does not meet all of the entry conditions or refuses the prize, another entrant will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries within a reasonable timeframe.
- Entry to the prize draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering this prize draw you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.