Is your family farm interested in a sustainable future?
New Models for Family Farm Succession is a pilot programme to support family farm owners who are interested in retaining farmland in food production, open to a patient process of selling to a community buyer, and are ready to start succession planning over the next year*.
If you’re a family farmer and interested in finding out more about our support offer, take a look at the information below and fill out our Expression of Interest form.
*There is no obligation to sell your farm as part of this process.
Are you ready for this programme?
- Are you prepared to sell farm land at a market value that allows it to remain in food production?
- Are you open to a patient process that could involve a community buyer?
- Are you looking to sell your farm in the next 2-7 years?
- Are you ready to receive support on succession and commit further time to the planning process?
- Can you be available for a series of short interviews, diagnostic sessions, and work with our team on an options report, which will outline your potential sale scenarios?
- You have support and or interest from family and farm business members to engage in this work, and are prepared to involve them in decisions and discussions about the sale or transfer of farm land.
What do you get from us?
A bespoke 'options' reports for family farms
We’ll work with you to create an options report for your future farm sale.
A participation budget
We can offer up to £500 stipend for participation in our sessions.
A diagnostic workshop
We will use a diagnostic session to focus on the particular financial and legal needs of your potential farm sale.
We will host a residential session for five family farm owners to further work on your succession planning and to share experiences.
We will host a residential workshop where you can engage potential community buyers and explore how to make the process work for both parties.
We’ll work with financial specialists to create a bespoke financial model for your farm. You’ll also receive training on how to use the model from our finance partner.
- Roughly 12 days of time over 12 months/ or from May to October 2022
- 1 day a month on average
- Some activities will require consecutive days of time (eg events)
Expression of Interest
This is a two-stage application process, starting with a simple Expression of Interest to register with our team. Fill out the form here by or before 1 May, then we follow up with more information about the second stage.