We are excited to announce that we have launched the UnFound Accelerator, a 10-week business support programme for teams at the early stage of setting up their platform co-operative.
What is the UnFound Accelerator?
The UnFound Accelerator is a 10-week business support programme for teams at the early stage of setting up their platform co-operative:
- A cohort of eight teams will accompany each other in the exciting journey of turning their ideas into concrete business solutions
- Teams will be provided with guidance and support to set the foundations of their platform business through Co-operatives UK and Stir to Action’s extensive network of experts
- Teams that complete the UnFound Accelerator will get the chance to pitch their business idea to access funding and support at a pitch event on 21 July 2021 (TBC), towards which The Co-operative Bank has contributed a £10,000 prize fund.
Who can apply to the UnFound Accelerator?
Founding teams (of at least 2 people) that have a clear and compelling idea for a platform co-operative. You must:
- Be ready to transform your idea into a viable business
- Believe the co-operative model is right for your platform business
- Be looking to register as a co-operative business in 2021.
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying:
- First read the application guidance which will help you enter the strongest possible application
- Join a webinar on 1 April 2021, 12pm where Co-operatives UK will provide additional information and answer your questions – register for the webinar.
The deadline for applications is midnight 11 April 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an online interview on 19-20 April.