Do you think that the economy could be fairer? Do you think there are better ways of running a business? Heard about co-operatives but not sure what they are, how they operate, or how to set one up?
We’ve created an inspiring evening programme of practical workshops for young project leaders (18-30 years old) in London from October to December 2019. You can apply to join the programme and meet other inspiring young people in London running their own co-operatives — in media, technology, food, and campaigning — and access the right advice and experience for your own project!
New Economy Youth will be hosted at 3Space International House on week-day evenings and Saturdays between October and December 2019.
Programme Launch: Why Co-operatives?
Co-operatives: How To Get Started
Working Together: How to Lead a Team When Everyone’s A Leader
The Funding Mix: Crowdfunding & Grants
Telling Your Story: Creating A New Narrative
Face The Future: Building Your Own Way Forward
What’s Next? Where You’re Going And How To Get There
- Aged between 18 and 30 when the programme starts.
- You are either already running a community enterprise yourself or are involved in the running of a community initiative OR you are currently hold a project management or development position in a community enterprise.
- You are deeply passionate about co-operative ways of working and business.
- You are a team player and want to be connected to a UK-wide network of new economy practitioners.
- You believe in young people’s power to create changes to their own lives and the lives of their communities.
- You are committed to attend ALL of the sessions outlined in the New Economy Youth programme.
How do I sign up?
- Submit an application form by the application deadline.
- Participate in a phone interview.
- Accept your place on New Economy Programme Youth.
For questions and further information get in touch with Stir to Action’s New Economy Youth coordinator Stephanie Gamauf.
3Space International House
6 Canterbury Crescent