Paddock Food, informed by 8 years of business experience by Cornerhouse Cakes, will set up a community food cafe/kitchen to serve (on a pay what you can afford basis), older people and school kids healthy food throughout the week.
- The local area has an ageing population where older people in our communities often experience loneliness
- Children are going to school hungry. With the cost of living crisis and lots of businesses closing, families can’t afford food.
Funding to be spent on the following solutions/impacts
- Purchasing low cost inputs and investing in job opportunities for the cafe
- Providing up to 50 hot meals a day (affordable lunchtime meals for the elderly and afterschool snacks for children)
- Unused ingredients from restaurants will be turned in to healthy meals which also reduces food waste
- We will work with other local suppliers in the food chain to source our products locally, and even at cost price or donated to make our product affordable and more sustainable