The conversation about AI has been dominated by corporate hype and prophecies of existential doom. It’s time to consider the opportunities that the rise of this technology might present for efforts to tackle social inequalities, and rebalance economies.
In this webinar we’ll hear from speakers from the Institute for the Future of Work, the Ada Lovelace Institute, and Stir to Action’s new Centre for Democratic Business, considering topics including:
- How use of AI might disrupt power dynamics between workers and employers
- The nature and consequences of AI company ownership structures
- The role of regulation in shaping the economic and social impact of AI
- Emerging opportunities to create more democratic economic outcomes
Wednesday 2 August 2023 18:00 BST
- £25 Standard
- £40 Organisation/Solidarity
- £5 Low income
A recording of the event will be made available to ticket holders.
The speakers are Dr Abigail Gilbert (Director of Praxis, Institute for the Future of Work), Matt Davies (UK Public Policy Lead, Ada Lovelace Institute), and Daniel Stanley (Centre for Democratic Business & Future Narratives Lab).